Global Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.71% over 2017-2027, growing from US$60.3 billion in 2017 The cumulative market for global expenditure on military aircraft is estimated at US$846 billion over the forecast period. The expenditure on military aircraft is expected to be driven by the ongoing global turmoil, internal and external security threats, fleet replacement programs, modernization strategies and territorial disputes across the world.
Major countries across the globe are expected to invest significantly on replacing their aging aircraft fleets. For instance after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the US and other allied countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East were left with worn-out and damaged aircraft and other military equipment. This has resulted in the need for large-scale upgrades as well as replacement programs. Additionally, emerging economies in the Middle East and South Asian regions are witnessing increasing defense expenditure, which will drive the sector.
In terms of segments, multi-role and transport aircraft are expected to account for 59.3% and 23% of the military aircraft market respectively, followed by reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft and bombers, with a cumulative share of 12.5%. In order to counter the rising price of US and European made fighter jets, extensive indigenous multi-role platform development programs are being implemented by nations such as India, South Korea, Pakistan, and Japan, which is expected boost the multi-role market over the forecast period.
The report “The Global Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft Market 2017-2027”offers detailed analysis of the global military aircraft market over the next ten years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes factors influencing demand for military aircraft. Additionally, the report also highlights challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Overview: snapshot of the military aircraft market during 2017-2027, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments
- Market Dynamics: insights into the technological developments in the military aircraft market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the military aircraft market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the military aircraft market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region
- Trend Analysis - Key Defense Market: analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the military aircraft segments expected to be in demand in each region
- Key Program Analysis: details of the top three programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period
- Competitive landscape analysis: analysis of competitive landscape of the global military aircraft industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Companies reviewed in this report: The Boeing Company, SAAB, BAE Systems, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Airbus Defence and Space, Embraer, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Dassault Aviation, Russian Aircraft Corporation, Pilatus Aircraft Limited, Alenia Aermachhi, Eurofighter, Sukhoi, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- The Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.71% over 2017-2027.
- In terms of categories, the multi-role aircraft segment is anticipated to account for the largest share of expenditure globally, with a market share of 59.3% followed by the transport aircraft segment with a share of 23%. Reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft and bombers are anticipated to account for the third and fourth largest segments of expenditure with a share of 6.9% and 5.6% respectively over the forecast period. The remaining market share of 5.2% is expected to be constituted by the training aircraft sub-sector.
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global military aircraft market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different military aircraft segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global military aircraft market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global military aircraft market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top aircraft providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available
- The Boeing Company
- SAAB, BAE Systems
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Airbus Defence and Space
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Dassault Aviation
- Russian Aircraft Corporation
- Pilatus Aircraft Limited
- Alenia Aermachhi
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)