Global C4ISR market, valued at US$134.6 billion in 2016, is projected grow at a CAGR of 2.85%, to value US$178.2 billion by 2026. The cumulative market for global expenditure on C4ISR systems is valued at US$1.7 trillion over the forecast period. Global expenditure on command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems is expected to show robust growth over the forecast period, primarily due to the increased importance of C4ISR systems in modern or fourth-generation warfare.
Demand for land-based C4ISR systems is expected to increase with the greater implementation and deployment of Network Centric Warfare (NCW) principles, as these necessitate the use of battlefield command systems, data and communication security systems, and the sensors required for surveillance and observation platforms. As such, it is expected to register strong growth over the forecast period. Land-based C4ISR systems are expected to constitute 66% of the market and thus the largest segment of expenditure.
The global C4ISR Systems market is expected to be led by North America with a share of 44% over the forecast period, followed by Asia-Pacific with 26% and Europe with a share of 19%. The Middle Eastern market for is expected to account for 8%, followed by the Latin American and African markets with a collective share of 3%.
Technological advancements in the field of C4ISR technologies have resulted in the production of open smartphone-enabled services and applications systems, which are tailored to meet the needs of the military. One such innovation is the “SoldierEyes” mobile smartphone solution, a product of Overwatch, which is a strategic business unit of Textron Systems Advanced Systems. Russia and China have also undertaken development programs for the same and intend to induct these systems in their navies over the forecast period.
The report “The Global C4ISR Market 2016-2026” offers detailed analysis of the global C4ISR market over the next 10 years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry and analyzes factors influencing demand for C4ISR systems. Additionally, the report highlights challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
• Overview: Snapshot of the C4ISR market during 2016–2026, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the expenditure with respect to regions as well as segments.
• Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the C4ISR market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
• Segment Analysis: Insights into the C4ISR market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each segment.
• Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for the top countries within a region.
• Regional Analysis: Insights into the C4ISR market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
• Trend Analysis – Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the C4ISR segments expected to be in demand in each region.
• Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
• Competitive Landscape Analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of the global C4ISR industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems, Elbit Systems, Rockwell Collins, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, CACI International Inc, Boeing, L-3 Communications, Harris Corporation, Thales-Raytheon Systems, Rheinmetall Defence, SAAB, General Dynamics Corporation, Serco, ManTech International Corporation, Kratos Defense and Security Solutions.