Germany is the largest outbound market in Europe with 87.4 million trips taken in 2016 which will steadily rise to 94.7 million in 2021 . Leisure remains the most important segment, while business trips are in decline due to Germany companies cutting travel budgets. Outbound spending is expected to continue to grow to US$150.3 million in 2021
Germany's largest outbound group are the baby boomers with a 20.3% share. Although online booking is the most common option, the older age group prefers traditional booking methods such as the high street travel agent and they spend on average less on a international trip (US$1410 in 2016) than their European counterparts.
Canadean's report - "Source Market Insights: Germany" provides detailed information on the German outbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Germany's outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Germany's outbound tourism sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Germany's outbound Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries