The telecommunications market in Poland will generate revenue of $7.3bn (Zl 29.6bn) in 2016. CAGR in local currency will be -0.5%. Market revenue in local currency is expected to stabilize from 2018 onward, driven by operators' focus on expansion of 3G, 4G and fiber networks. Mobile data revenue will grow at a CAGR of 4.4% in local currency to reach Zl 8.5bn ($2.5bn) in 2021, with contribution to overall ARPS increasing from 35.2% in 2016 to 46.3% in 2021. Fixed VoIP will witness strong growth over 2016-2021 (CAGR of 6.7%), while fixed broadband and pay-TV will register CAGRs of 2.4% and 4.8%, respectively, in LCU. Going forward, operators should seize opportunities in mobile data, fixed-mobile convergence services and the enterprise segment, while vendors should position themselves to support operators' network expansion and carrier aggregation plans in smart devices to address the demand of high data traffic.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Poland is estimated to increase by 3.2% over 2016-2021 to reach $7.3bn in 2016.
- The telecommunications market in Poland will see service revenue growth boosted by mobile data, fixed and fixed broadband segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 65.8% of the total telecom market in 2016. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 4.4% CAGR in LCU from 2016 to 2021 driven by growth in the adoption of 4G services and smartphones, m-banking and deployment of new technologies such as LTE-A.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 34.1% in 2016 to 36.9% in 2021.
- Poland's telecom market will be controlled by two operators - Orange Poland and Play. Operators are focusing on triple-play and multiplay bundled packages to strengthen their position in the telecom market.
"Poland: LTE Network Expansion, National Broadband Rollout and Convergent Services Will Drive Dynamism in the Market" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Poland today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Poland's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Poland compared with other countries in the Central and Eastern Europe region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Poland.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Poland's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Poland, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Poland's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Poland.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Poland.