The existing economic environment is stable for the pharmaceutical industry, and customer confidence levels will remain constant in H1 2016 (January 2016-June 2016). Companies are slightly optimistic about economic conditions in North America and Asia-Pacific due to positive momentum in the US manufacturing and production sectors, firm domestic demand, strong government expenditure in India, and robust private consumption and export growth in South Korea and Vietnam. Over the next six months the industry will increase its expenditure towards new product development and IT infrastructure. Moreover, companies operating in Asia-Pacific forecast their budget allocation for pharmaceutical equipment to increase significantly in 2016, compared to 2015.
- In total, 43% of pharmaceutical industry business executives expect the global economy to be stable in H1 2016 (January 2016-June 2016). Furthermore, 33% of survey respondents anticipate a favorable or very favorable economic environment
- Overall, 83% of respondents who operate in Europe are optimistic over company growth prospects, while no executives anticipate a negative impact on the industry in the region
- Business executives operating in the Rest of the World region anticipate the highest increase in staff headcount growth over the next six months
- In H1 2016, the majority of business executives from North America are concerned about the performance of North American economies, the performance of the Eurozone, and cyber crime
- Survey results reveal that 41% of pharmaceutical industry respondents who operate in Asia-Pacific expect an increase of 1-5% in the budget for pharmaceutical equipment during 2016
Kable's pharmaceutical Industry Business Confidence Survey H1 2016 examines executives' opinion on the business environment over January-June 2016. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report includes trends in the pharmaceutical equipment market, analysis of the procurement budget allocations, and leading suppliers of pharmaceutical equipment.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives' expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes pharmaceutical industry executives' opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2016
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2016 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2016
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- Purchase preferences: analyzing the purchasing behavior towards pharmaceutical equipment and investment allocations in the pharmaceutical equipment categoriesBudget allocation: examining total procurement budget split between capital expenditure and operating expenditure, and tracking the changes in the budget for 2015 and expectations for 2016
Reasons To Buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the pharmaceutical industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of pharmaceutical industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2016
- Enables organizations to make key decisions on purchase preferences and investments in pharmaceutical equipment