An increasing number of executives state that the current economic conditions are stable and are optimistic about company growth prospects in H1 2016 (January 2016-June 2016). The results reveal that the packaging market is gaining momentum in anticipation of the positive trend in e-commerce and related packaging activities, rising demand for packaging in Asian countries, and huge opportunities for advanced technologies in packaging across the globe. Over the next six months the industry will increase its expenditure towards new product development and IT infrastructure. Furthermore, in H1 2016 packaging companies intend to focus on improving operational efficiency, and protecting and growing their market share.
- Overall, 44% of executives rate the current economic environment as stable, whereas 26% of respondents indicate that the economic condition is favorable or very favorable
- Overall, 53% of respondents operating in the Asia-Pacific are favorable about their region in H1 2016 (January 2016-June 2016)
- Overall, 79% of respondents who operate in North America are optimistic about company growth prospects over the next six months
- Industry executives across the globe highlight the performance of the Eurozone and the performance of developing economies as key concerns that are likely to impact their company's performance over the next six months
- Improving operational efficiency and protecting and growing market share are the main priorities for survey respondents over the next six months
Canadean's Packaging Industry Business Confidence Report H1 2016 examines executives' opinion on the business environment over January 2016-June 2016. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives' expectations towards their company's growth prospects and that of the industry over the next six months
- Change in consumer confidence: analyzes packaging industry executives' opinion about the change in consumer confidence during H1 2016
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected changes in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected changes in staff headcount and sales for H1 2016 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2016
- Key priorities: identifies top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
Reasons To Buy
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected changes in sales performance and supplier prices
- The report will benefit organizations and allow them to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the packaging industry
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of packaging industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2016
- TC Transcontinental Packaging
- Crown Holdings