Timetric's 'Life Insurance in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides a detailed outlook by product category for the Philippine life insurance segment, and a comparison of the Philippine insurance industry with its regional counterparts.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2011-2015) and forecast period (2015-2020).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Philippine economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together Timetric's research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Timetric's 'Life Insurance in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Philippine life insurance segment, including:
- An overview of the Philippine life insurance segment
- The Philippine life insurance segment's growth prospects by category
- A comprehensive overview of the Philippine economy and demographics
- A comparison of the Philippine life insurance segment with its regional counterparts
- The various distribution channels in the Philippine life insurance segment
- Details of the competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in the Philippines
- Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Philippine insurance industry
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in the Philippines:
- It provides historical values for the Philippine life insurance segment for the report's 2011-2015 review period, and projected figures for the 2015-2020 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Philippine life insurance segment, and market forecasts to 2020.
- It provides a comparison of the Philippine life insurance segment with its regional counterparts
- It analyzes the various distribution channels for life insurance products in the Philippines.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in the Philippines and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Philippine life insurance segment, and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Philippine life insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Philippine insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- The Philippine life insurance segment grew at a review-period CAGR of 20.2%
- Individual life insurance remained the largest sub-segment during the review period; it accounted for 94.2% of the segment's direct written premium in 2015, of which term life's share was 15.3%.
- During the review period, the segment registered an increase in bancassurance tie-ups, mainly due to regulatory relaxations and the presence of a robust banking sector in the country.
- The Philippine life insurance segment is concentrated, with the five leading companies accounting for 62.2% of the total premium income in 2015.