The telecommunications market in Jordan generated service revenue of $1.1bn in 2015. Pyramid Research expects Jordan's telecom services to grow at a CAGR of 1.3% over the 2015-2020 period to reach $1.2bn in 2020. The growth will be driven by the increasing consumption of mobile data, largely supported by expansion of 4G rollouts and investments in fiber infrastructure. Additionally, operators will concentrate on seizing opportunities in providing bundled packs with smartphone offerings along with developing innovative products/services such as m-banking, M2M and cloud-based services, among others.
- In 2015, the overall telecom services revenue in Jordan reached $1.1bn, equivalent to 3.1% of its GDP. From 2015 to 2020, the Jordan telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 1.3% CAGR, boosted by rising adoption of mobile data services.
- Mobile revenue will account for 70.6% of the total telecom market in 2020.
- Mobile data will remain an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 6.7% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
- We expect the number of broadband lines to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% between 2015 and 2020, to reach 0.5m by year-end 2020 and a population penetration of 5.9%.
- Zain Jordan is the market leader with a share of more than 40% of total telecom service revenue. The operator will continue to dominate the market during the forecast period with a focus on enhancing its product portfolio and providing converged services.
- Operators will continue to explore opportunities in verticals such as M2M, IoT, wearables and cloud services in order to provide service differentiation.
"Jordan: 4G Services Rollout and Expansion of Fiber Infrastructure Will Support Revenue Growth Through 2020" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Jordan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Jordan telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Jordan compared with other countries in the AME region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Jordan.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plan, SIM registration, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Jordan's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Jordan, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Jordan mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customers' demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Jordan.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Jordan.