The telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea is estimated to generate US$84m (CFA51.7bn) in service revenue in 2016 and will continue to grow in high single digits through 2020. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment. Over the next five years, we expect operators will focus on improving and upgrading their existing networks to leverage the growing demand of mobile data. Infrastructure vendors are partnering with the operators to facilitate them in modernization of infrastructure.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Equatorial Guinea is expected to undergo a marginal increase of 2.1% over 2015 to reach $84m (CFA51.7bn) in 2016.
- From 2015 to 2020, the telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea will see service revenue increase by high single digits on an annual basis, boosted mainly by the mobile voice and data segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for a greater proportion of total telecommunications revenue in 2020.
- The Equatorial Guinean telecom market will be dominated by Getesa-Orange as the leading mobile and fixed-line operator, followed by Muni and Gecomsa. Network expansion by operators is expected to increase the competition in the market.
"Equatorial Guinea: Network Infrastructure Expansion by Operators to Facilitate Revenue Growth" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Equatorial Guinea's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Equatorial Guinea compared with other countries in the Africa and Middle East region
- Economic, demographic and political context in Equatorial Guinea
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data and pay-TV
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Equatorial Guinea's telecommunications market
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Equatorial Guinea mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Equatorial Guinea
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea